How To Join the Family of Odd Fellowship
Requirements for Membership
A man or woman of good character, who is loyal to his or her country and believes in a Supreme Being, the creator and preserver of the Universe, is eligible for membership. Odd Fellowship strictly forbids any interference with one’s religious beliefs or political opinions. Most jurisdictions require candidates for the adult lodges to be 16 years old. Junior Lodges and Theta Rho clubs accept members 8 to 18 years old (some jurisdictions have a minimum age limit of 10).
Many of your questions can be answered by our Membership Handbook.
Lodges charge an initiation fee and annual dues. The amount of dues is set by each lodge.
How to Join
A candidate must be sponsored by a current member, so the first step towards joining is to find someone who is a current member.
* Ask people you know if they know anyone who is an Odd Fellow or a Rebekah.
* Check the listing in this web site for someone who lives in the same state or province as you, and send a note introducing yourself and expressing interest in joining.
* Find the local lodge, drop in on the day of a meeting about 30 minutes before the scheduled time, and introduce yourself. Most lodges are eager to find new members and will be glad to meet you.
* Check the activities page for your state or province in this web site.
* Check the telephone directory in this web site.
* Check the local telephone directory.
* Keep your eyes open for a building labeled with IOOF or the three links emblem, especially in the oldest part of Downtown.
* Go to the Odd Fellows building and check for a sign listing the lodges that meet there.
* If you cannot find a current member among your acquaintances, or a local lodge, or anyone living close to you in the e-mail listing.
* You can email to or call the Grand Lodge or Rebekah Assembly in your state or province and ask the Grand Secretary for assistance.
* You can write to a Officer in your area.
* You can write or telephone The Sovereign Grand Lodge office. Telephone numbers and address are given below.
After You Have Applied for Membership
When the lodge has received your application, they will appoint an interviewing committee of three members. These members will call on you, both to ask questions and to answer any questions you may have concerning the lodge. One purpose of the interviewing committee is to give a candidate at least three familiar faces in the lodge. At the next meeting, the interviewing committee will report back to the lodge. The lodge will ballot to accept you as a member. The lodge will then send you a letter announcing your election to membership and the date and time for initiation.
Grand Lodge of California
122 Race St.
San Jose, CA 95126
Rebekah Assembly of California
P.O. Box 637
Gilroy, CA 95021-0637
422 North Trade Street
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101
The Sovereign Grand Lodge
(336) 722-7317 (fax)
International Association of Rebekah Assemblies
(336) 773-1066 (fax)